Timeline: A Decade of Success
ILD® opened its first North American office in Ajax, Ontario, in 2001, introducing its proprietary EFVM® test to the North American market. Eleven years later, we’ve tested more than 150 million square feet of coatings and waterproofing membranes.
- ILD® opens its first North American office in Ajax, Ontario, introducing the EFVM® test to the North American waterproofing and vegetated roofing market.
- Performed numerous compatibility tests on multiple membranes and coatings to confirm membrane is suitable for the EFVM® test.
- Demonstrated the superior EFVM® results on a plaza deck that had previously passed a flood test.
- A leading hot liquid waterproofing membrane manufacturer accepted the EFVM® test as an acceptable alternative to the standard flood test requirement.
- A leading single-ply manufacturer accepted the EFVM® test method and results to provide an extended membrane warranty.
- Introduced the permanent installation of the Vector-9 conductor wire on roofing and waterproofing projects to allow for future testing and monitoring of the membrane.
- Introduced a conductive medium on non-conductive wood deck structures to allow for testing of non-conductive structural decks.
- Completed testing 1 million square feet of membrane installations in North America alone.
- Leading roofing membrane manufacturers retained ILD®’s EFVM® technique as a troubleshooting tool on existing roof systems
- Completed testing 2.5 million square feet of membrane since introduction to North America in 2001.
- EFVM® utilized as quality control test on one of Canada’s largest vegetated roofing projects: the Ottawa War Museum (170,000 square feet).
- Reached 4 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- Tested on various buildings for largest LPG plant for Sakhalin Energy, Russia.
- Reached 6 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- Introduced a conductive medium on conventional insulated roof system to enhance the EFVM® test on a large-scale, vegetated roof project for Wal-Mart in Illinois, to eliminate the flood test requirement.
- ILD®’s European associates applied for world patent on a conductive medium system to enhance the EFVM® test.
- ILD® opens its first U.S. office in Rosemont, Illinois.
- Developed and participated in a test market program with a large roofing manufacturing company across selected North American cities in order to demonstrate the benefits of the EFVM® test.
- Tested in excess of 10 million square feet of membrane by the end of the year.
- EFVM® utilized on Canada’s largest vegetated roofing system, the Vancouver Convention Centre (280,000 square feet), as a quality control test.
- ILD® Brazil opened to the local market.
- ILD® New Zealand and ILD® Australia opened to the local waterproofing and vegetated roofing market.
- 9/11 Memorial Plaza project started (220,000 square feet).
- Tested in excess of 18 million square feet of membrane by the end of the year.
- ILD® moves its U.S. office to Des Plaines, Illinois.
- ILD® India opened.
- Mumbai Airport (1 million square feet).
- Victoria Desalination Plant, largest vegetated roof in Australia (500,000 square feet).
- Tested in excess of 26 million square feet of membrane.
- North American patent approved on the conductive mediums for electronic testing for membranes over non-conductive substrates
- ILD® Quebec established
- EFVM® and VMG utilized on the Javits Center in New York City (650,000 square feet).
- North America: In excess of 35 million square feet of membrane tested by the end of the year.
- Worldwide: In excess of 150 million square feet of membrane tested by the end of the year.
- Introduction of the second generation PROTECTSYS WM 2400 System.
- ILD® Dubai established, providing EFVM® testing in the Corporation of the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC).