GET THE STRENGTH AND RESOURCES OF A GLOBAL LEADER WORKING FOR YOU
We believe we’re only as good as the buildings we protect.
International Leak Detection (ILD®) is the leading provider of roofing and waterproofing integrity testing and intelligent monitoring systems. A multinational company, we serve clients from offices and affiliated partners around the world helping companies to manage risk and identify issues. Wherever you are, our stringent quality assurance, training standards and sophisticated technology are hard at work for you.
Learn about the history of ILD and explore our company milestones over the years.
- ILD® opens its first North American office in Ajax, Ontario, introducing the EFVM® test to the North American waterproofing and vegetated roofing market.
- Demonstrated the superior EFVM® results on a plaza deck that had previously passed a flood test.
- A leading hot liquid waterproofing membrane manufacturer accepted the EFVM® test as an acceptable alternative to the standard flood test requirement.
- A leading single-ply manufacturer accepted the EFVM® test method and results to provide an extended membrane warranty.
- Introduced the permanent installation of the Vector-9 conductor wire on roofing and waterproofing projects to allow for future testing and monitoring of the membrane.
- Introduced a conductive medium on non-conductive wood deck structures to allow for testing of non-conductive structural decks.
- Reached 1 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- Leading roofing membrane manufacturers retained ILD®’s EFVM® technique as a troubleshooting tool on existing roof systems.
- Reached 2.5 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- EFVM® utilized as quality control test on one of Canada’s largest vegetated roofing projects: the Ottawa War Museum 170,000 square feet).
- Reached 4 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- Conducted testing on various buildings for largest LPG plant for Sakhalin Energy, Russia.
- Reached 6 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- Introduced a conductive medium on conventional insulated roof system to enhance the EFVM® test on a large-scale, vegetated roof project for WalMart in Illinois, to eliminate the flood test requirement.
- ILD®’s European associates applied for world patent on a conductive medium system to enhance the EFVM®.
- ILD® establishes first U.S. office in Rosemont, Illinois.
- Developed and participated in a test market program with a large roofing manufacturing company across selected North American cities in order to demonstrate the benefits of the EFVM®.
- Reached 10 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- EFVM® utilized on Canada’s largest vegetated roofing system, the Vancouver Convention Centre (280,000 square feet), as a quality control test.
- ILD® Brazil established.
- ILD® New Zealand and ILD® Australia established.
- Signature project: 9/11 Memorial Plaza (220,000 square feet).
- Reached 18 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- ILD® moves its U.S. office to Des Plaines, Illinois.
- ILD® India established.
- Signature project: Mumbai Airport (1 million square feet).
- Signature project: Victoria Desalination Plant, largest vegetated roof in Australia (500,000 square feet).
- Reached 26 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- North American patent approved on the conductive mediums for electronic testing for membranes over non-conductive substrates.
- ILD® Quebec established.
- Signature project: Javits Center in New York City (650,000 square feet).
- Reached 35 million square feet of membrane tested in North America.
- Globally: Reached 150 million square feet of membrane tested.
- Introduction of the second generation PROTECTSYS WM 2400 System.
- ILD® Dubai established, serving all of the Middle East.
- Signature project: The Qatar National Museum (600,000 square feet).
- Globally: Reached 400 million square feet of membrane tested.
- ILD® established in Caribbean and Mexican markets.
- ILD® and Progeo Monitoring GmbH announce a strategic alliance to deliver Smartex®, an intelligent roof monitoring system, to the North American roofing and waterproofing market.
- ILD celebrates 15 years since the introduction of the EFVM test to ILD North America.
- Globally: Surpassed 500 million square feet tested worldwide.
- First Smartex® DM project in Canada, coupled with the VMG and EFVM test.